1. Cary Divorce Lawyer & North Carolina Family Law Tools and Resources
3. North Carolina Divorce and Family Law Blog
4. Contact Us to Get More Information
5. NC Divorce Laws
6. Types of Divorce in North Carolina
7. Divorce Statistics
8. Thank You!
9. Absolute Divorce in NC
10. NC Spousal Support (aka Alimony)
11. Effect of Marital Misconduct
12. Divorce Resources
13. NC Family Law & Divorce Forms
14. Helpful Articles and Practical Advice
15. Ask a Lawyer!
16. My ex-Husband and I have a custody and child support agreement in place, but he has decided to unilaterally decrease his child support payments, and at the same time has served me with a complaint to modify child support. What are my options?
17. My spouse has committed adultery 4 times and i have it on a permission given tape recording. She acknowledges she put my children at risk, and chose him over everyone. She has lied to me for 10 months giving multiple stories, increasing my distress. Please help. I want a divorce bad enough I will move.
18. Link to Us
19. Disclaimers and Legal Stuff
20. Collaborative Divorce
23. Terms and Conditions
24. No-Cost North Carolina Divorce Guide: How to Prepare Yourself for Divorce & Find and Hire the Right Lawyer for Your Case
25. Thank You for Ordering Your Guide!
26. NC Child Support Laws
27. I’m wanting to start a divorce situation but my spouse had left the country . When she went away from the home she never said anything about going back to her country , we lived together for 3 weeks ,I came home one day and she was gone. I don’t have an address for her, but she has aggree to get divorce but does not answer my emails . On one respond she had agree on sending me the address when I was ready for it ( divorce ) . How can this be done ? Are there ways to get around it ? Thanks.
28. About Cary Divorce and Family Law Attorney James Hart
29. North Carolina Divorce Assessment
30. NC Child Custody Laws
31. Uncontested Divorce in North Carolina
32. Helpful Divorce Links & Resources
33. I am the supporting spouse and my wife had an affair and admitted to martital misconduct. Someone told me that if I have sexual relations with her after learning of the affair that it is automatic forgiving of the behavior and she would be eligible again for Alimony. Is this true, and if so, still true even thought I never forgave or condoned the behavior and still demand that she end it.
34. Equitable Distribution in NC
35. NC Equitable Distribution Statute § 50‑20
36. Overview of North Carolina Divorce
37. My husband is a retired vet. We have been apart for several years. We have a home that he has never lived in and has always called my home. I had the home built while he was overseas a have paid for the upkeep of the home. My husband agreed to pay his portion of retirement (military states a certain portion goes to spouse if divorce) because children have lived with me. Would my retaining ownership of the home be difficult? I hear that you have to sell whatever you jointly own.
38. I have a 4 year old son with my husband. I want to divorce because he is verbally abusive. He harrasses me at work by calling over and over; has me paged overhead if I don’t answer. I want to leave but he will not let me leave with the child. If I leave without the child will I risk losing custody of the child. He is a police officer so he verbally threatens and says he will get custody of child. My sanity is at risk and need to get out. What do I do?
39. In North Carolina, can alimony end when the dependent spouse remarries?
40. After filing a separation agreement, assuming that you’ve met the 12-month rule of living separately, how long does it typically take to get a uncontested divorce. Is it immediate after filing the paperwork?
41. Collaborative Divorce Video
42. I was told that because of my financial situation, and my husband’s temper that I should consider going through a paralegal who works closely with lawyers if I were to need one. Can I use a paralegal if there is a child involved?
43. Shareasale Confirmation
44. In North Carolina is a spouse entitled to half her husband’s pension? If so, when does she get it and is it considered income when considering Alimony and Child Support?
45. My husband left me for another woman and now i want custody of our two young children. How and where do i start? He isnt helping me pay for the kids and took all of the money when he left.
47. Divorce Consulting
48. Divorce Mediation
49. Collaborative Divorce
50. Collaborative Divorce with Kids
51. Divorce Process Orientation
52. If I married and never consummated the marriage, can I get an annulment?
53. In everything that I read it talks about the spouse actually touching the other person… If deviate sexual acts also included non-physical things like talking about sex or sending pictures…
54. My wife and I are going to pursue separation and I have a reason to belived that she is having an affair, she had admitted that she have physical attraction towards her boss. How can I get joint custody of my five children.
55. I’ve been sperated for 4 yrs, and I want a divorce. How long will it take to get the divorce?
56. Can a mother relocate to another state (NY) before separation and divorce proceedings begin? I want to start these proceedings but do not have any family support here. My husband and I are both originally from NY.
57. I just found out my wife had an affair. Now she’s also online dating. Can I file divorce and ask her to leave?
58. My wife and I are legally separated and have signed a settlement agreement. Subsequently, during an attempt at reconciliation, my name was added to the deed of our home which we own outright. My wife intends to remain in the home as a primary residence. May I seek a financial claim of half the equity?
59. Thank You!
60. If I’ve been married for only two months and I have proof of my husband’s infidelity, can I get a divorce now?
61. I am seeking separation from my husband of 26 years. I have no money of my own and have depended on him entirely for support. I can’t work because I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue, and I can’t get on disability. How do I support myself during the separation and do I have to leave or does he have to leave.
62. Can I get a QDRO to divide up my husband’s pension (NY state and army) without getting a divorce? I do not want to lose my medical plan.
63. My husband and I have been separated for over a yr (NC law) and he still lives in IN and I now live here. I however have only lived here since July he had asked for divorce last yr and has yet to file can I file now or do I have to wait until I’ve lived in NC for 6 months? Thank you any information would be a great help.
64. I believe that my husband is having an affair online, what are my rights for me and my son?
65. I was married to a same sex partner in CT about 2.5 years ago. What are options for divorce now that I reside in NC (I resided in Michigan prior to NC so I don’t think either was the most accomodating)
66. My wife abandoned me in July of last year. We’ve been through the mediation process, and now after a year has passed is filing for absolute divorce. Is this something that I do not have to sign off on due to religious reasons?
67. Thank you!
68. Our Guarantee
69. Thank you – We will be contacting you soon!
70. Thank you for providing feedback to The Hart Law Firm!
71. What now?
72. Directions and Location
73. Legal Issues
74. Absolute Divorce – An Overview
75. Divorce Mediation
76. §50-16.3A(b). Alimony Factors
77. § 50‑16.1A.(2) Definitions – Dependent Spouse
78. § 50‑16.1A.(5) Definitions – Supporting Spouse.
79. § 50‑16.1A.(3) Definitions – Marital Misconduct.
80. Alimony in North Carolina
81. Infusionsoft Webforms for follow-up sequences
82. Do you need a divorce lawyer for your family law case?
83. Legal Disclaimers and Terms
84. Divorce in NC – An overview of the basic process
85. N.C.G.S. § 50-6. Divorce after separation of one year on application of either party.
86. N.C.G.S. § 52-10.2. Resumption of marital relations defined.
87. Divorce in North Carolina – A primer
88. My spouse refuses to move out – what do I do?
89. Alimony and Taxes in North Carolina Divorce
90. Dr. Tina Lepage, Lepage Associates
91. Divorce Professionals
92. Dr. Monica E. Summers, Psy.D.
93. 6 Reasons you might need a Separation Agreement
94. North Carolina Divorce Terms
95. Marital Property in North Carolina
96. Separate Property in North Carolina
97. Divisible Property in North Carolina
98. Equitable Distribution in North Carolina
99. How much is my divorce going to cost – Legal Fees explained
100. Cary, North Carolina Divorce Resources and Tools
101. Questions to ask your divorce lawyer
102. Low cost legal services if you can’t afford a divorce lawyer
103. What is abandonment? If I leave the house will it hurt me?
104. Business Valuation and Divorce: Things to look out for
105. Marriage Annulment in North Carolina
106. North Carolina Divorce Guide Explains the Secrets to getting Divorced in North Carolina
107. Chapter 52B. Uniform Premarital Agreement Act.
108. Prenuptial Agreements in North Carolina – Can I get out of mine?
109. How do you get alimony in North Carolina?
110. Child Custody Modification in North Carolina
111. Can North Carolina decide your child custody case? A primer on Jurisdiction under the UCCJEA.
112. Everything you need to know about Prenuptial Agreements in North Carolina
113. Permissions Policy
114. North Carolina Estate Planning for Young Families… What you need to know
115. Our Story
116. Estate Planning Blog
117. Cary Estate Planning Law Firm
118. Practice Areas
119. Estate Planning 101: The Basics of Estate Planning in North Carolina
120. Children’s Security Planning
121. Asset Protection for Professionals and Small Business Owners in Cary, North Carolina
122. Probate and Trust Administration in North Carolina
123. Email Whitelisting Instructions
124. Why is Estate Planning Important to You?
125. The Three P’s of Estate Planning
126. Live North Carolina Estate Planning Seminars
127. Estate Planning Videos
128. North Carolina Estate Planning Resources and Information
129. About Estate Planning & Elder Law Attorney James Hart
130. Estate Planning Services
131. Cary Wills and Trusts Lawyer
132. Trust Planning
133. Kids Emergency Action Plan (KEAP™ Your Kids Safe)
134. Trust Administration in North Carolina
135. What Makes Us Different
136. The Estate Planning Process
137. The Probate Process in North Carolina
138. Our Core Values
139. Thank You for Your Feedback!
140. Thank You for Your Feedback. We Will Remove You From the List!
141. Home Page
142. Home Page
143. Are You Draining Your Entire Life Savings to Pay for a Nursing Home?
144. Estate Planning and Elder Law Videos
145. You Might Not Want to Keep Your Appointment If…
146. Preparing for Your Initial Meeting with our Office
147. New Home Page
148. Cary Divorce Lawyer and Family Law Attorney | The Hart Law Firm, P.A.
149. The Ultimate Guide to Alimony in NC
150. Legal Separation in NC – The Ultimate Guide
151. Are You Ready to Move Your Life Forward?
152. Separation Agreements in North Carolina
153. Recommended Marriage Counselors and Therapists
154. James Hart
1. 10 Things You Should Never Do When Getting Divorced
2. 12 Signs you might be headed for Divorce
3. 13 Threats that Jeopardize Your Families’ Wealth
4. 2018 North Carolina Medicaid and Special Assistance Rates
5. 3 Common Mistakes People Make when Filing their own Divorce
6. 4 Behaviors that can lead to divorce
7. 5 Benefits of a Trust-Based Estate Plan
8. 5 Must Have Documents for Your Estate Plan
9. 5 New Years Resolutions for anyone recently separated or divorced
10. 5 Raleigh Divorce Lawyers join Separating Together
11. 5 Reasons You Might Not Need a Living Will
12. 5 things to do before you start the process of getting a divorce
13. 5 Things You Must Do if You or a Loved One Has Been Diagnosed With Alzheimer’s Disease
14. 6 Things to Know before you Submit an Application for Medicaid in North Carolina
15. 9 Reasons You Should Update Your Estate Plan
16. A Day of Remembrance
17. A Great Explaination of the Collaborative Divorce Process
18. A Great Way to Save Money on your Legal Bill and keep your Divorce Lawyer happy
19. A Sincere Apology… I’ve been lazy
20. A True Gift for Your Family… The Legacy Conversation
21. A word about customer service…
22. Absolute Divorce Only?
23. Accidental Disinheritance: Why it is So Important to Update Your Estate Plan Every Year
24. Additional Collaborative Divorce Lawyers I recommend
25. Al Gore and Tipper to Separate after 40 years
26. Alimony and Taxes in North Carolina
27. Alimony Guidelines in Colorado – Could North Carolina be next?
28. Alison Sanderson, LPC
29. Amnesty for Child Support?
30. Another Family Law Attorney I like
31. Another reason why hiring a Cary Divorce Lawyer is a good idea
32. Are You Interested in a DIY Divorce in North Carolina?
33. Are you scared to call a law firm?
34. Are you thinking about moving out of state with your children?
35. Avoid these 5 big mistakes that people make when going to family court
36. Avoiding Probate in NC… 4 Ways to Keep Your Assets Out of the Courts (Without Using a Trust)
37. Bankruptcy and Divorce – Thoughts to Consider
38. Bankruptcy and Divorce… When to file?
39. Be careful when and how you tell your spouse that you are leaving them
40. Be Thankful for Today – You Only Get it Once
41. But I don’t want to be a Daddy…
42. Can I complete an absolute divorce if my spouse won’t cooperate?
43. Can I modify my child support?
44. Can I purchase a new home while going through a divorce?
45. Can I stop paying child support?
46. Can Virtual Visitation replace actual visitation?
47. Can You Disinherit Your Spouse?
48. Can Your Marriage Be Saved?
49. Cary Estate Planning Attorney James Hart is Available for Speaking Engagements in the Community
50. Chicago Divorce Lawyer Charged
51. Child Custody in Cary
52. Choosing a Guardian for Your Children… What You Need to Know
53. Collaborative Divorce – Is it right for you?
54. Collaborative Divorce is catching on…
55. Collaborative Divorce is great for the kids
56. Common QDRO Questions and Answers
57. Consumer Bankruptcy Guide
58. Create an Estate Plan in North Carolina in 14 Simple Steps
59. Divorce and Child Custody in Cary
60. Divorce and kids around the holidays… Ugh…
61. Divorce and Parenting in Raleigh
62. Divorce and the family business in North Carolina
63. Divorce can be a time to reinvent yourself
64. Divorce during the Holidays – What to do?
65. Divorce in North Carolina – When you can and when you can’t…
66. Divorce Insurance… Really?
67. Divorce Mediation in Cary
68. Do I need a Consent Judgment?
69. Do I need to have a custody evaluation?
70. Do it Yourself Divorce – Is it for you?
71. Do you know what your divorce lawyer is charging you?
72. Do you need a custody evaluation?
73. Do You Need a Probate Attorney in North Carolina?
74. Do You Need an Estate Plan?
75. Do You Need Asset Protection Planning?
76. Do You Need to Update Your North Carolina Power of Attorney?
77. Do You Really Need a Lawyer to Draft a Will… The Truth Behind DIY Wills
78. Do you Skype?
79. Does Alimony hurt your ability to qualify for a mortgage?
80. Does your divorce lawyer offer you a client portal?
81. Don’t Ever Take Your Life for Granted
82. Don’t Forget to Include Your Pet in Your Estate Plan
83. Don’t Want to Marry? You Still Need an Estate Plan
84. Donald Trump and the Fiduciary Duty Rule… What You Need to Know
85. Dr. Amelia Kelley, PhD, MS, LPC
86. Dr. Stan Hall, PhD., LMFT
87. Dr.Mike Garrett, PhD, LPC
88. Easy tools to make post divorce transfers easier for the kids
89. Estate Planning and Your North Carolina Divorce… What You Need to Know
90. Estate Planning Basics: Coordinating Beneficiary Designations
91. Estate Planning for the Sandwich Generation… What You Need to Know
92. Estate Taxes in North Carolina – Should You Worry?
93. Family Law Meetings – Day 1 in Charleston
94. Family Law Meetings in Charleston
95. Family Law Meetings in Charleston – Day 2
96. Flat fees vs. Hourly Billing in Divorce (and the pros and cons of each)
97. Florida Ban on Gay Adoption is Unconstitutional
98. Free Seminar: How to Pay for Nursing Home Care Without Going Broke
99. Friday Funny – Clumsy Best Man Ruins Wedding
100. George Zimmerman Divorce – What if it happened in NC?