1. Cary Divorce Lawyer & North Carolina Family Law Tools and Resources
2. North Carolina Family Law & Divorce Blog
3. North Carolina Divorce and Family Law Blog
4. Contact Us to Get More Information
5. NC Divorce Laws
6. Types of Divorce in North Carolina
7. Divorce Statistics
8. Thank You!
9. Absolute Divorce in NC
10. NC Spousal Support (aka Alimony)
11. Effect of Marital Misconduct
12. Divorce Resources
13. NC Family Law & Divorce Forms
14. Helpful Articles and Practical Advice
15. Ask a Lawyer!
16. My ex-Husband and I have a custody and child support agreement in place, but he has decided to unilaterally decrease his child support payments, and at the same time has served me with a complaint to modify child support. What are my options?
17. My spouse has committed adultery 4 times and i have it on a permission given tape recording. She acknowledges she put my children at risk, and chose him over everyone. She has lied to me for 10 months giving multiple stories, increasing my distress. Please help. I want a divorce bad enough I will move.
18. Link to Us
19. Disclaimers and Legal Stuff
20. Collaborative Divorce
23. Terms and Conditions
24. No-Cost North Carolina Divorce Guide: How to Prepare Yourself for Divorce & Find and Hire the Right Lawyer for Your Case
25. Thank You for Ordering Your Guide!
26. NC Child Support Laws
27. I’m wanting to start a divorce situation but my spouse had left the country . When she went away from the home she never said anything about going back to her country , we lived together for 3 weeks ,I came home one day and she was gone. I don’t have an address for her, but she has aggree to get divorce but does not answer my emails . On one respond she had agree on sending me the address when I was ready for it ( divorce ) . How can this be done ? Are there ways to get around it ? Thanks.
28. About Cary Divorce and Family Law Attorney James Hart
29. North Carolina Divorce Assessment
30. NC Child Custody Laws
31. Uncontested Divorce in North Carolina
32. Helpful Divorce Links & Resources
33. I am the supporting spouse and my wife had an affair and admitted to martital misconduct. Someone told me that if I have sexual relations with her after learning of the affair that it is automatic forgiving of the behavior and she would be eligible again for Alimony. Is this true, and if so, still true even thought I never forgave or condoned the behavior and still demand that she end it.
34. Equitable Distribution in NC
35. NC Equitable Distribution Statute § 50‑20
36. Overview of North Carolina Divorce
37. My husband is a retired vet. We have been apart for several years. We have a home that he has never lived in and has always called my home. I had the home built while he was overseas a have paid for the upkeep of the home. My husband agreed to pay his portion of retirement (military states a certain portion goes to spouse if divorce) because children have lived with me. Would my retaining ownership of the home be difficult? I hear that you have to sell whatever you jointly own.
38. I have a 4 year old son with my husband. I want to divorce because he is verbally abusive. He harrasses me at work by calling over and over; has me paged overhead if I don’t answer. I want to leave but he will not let me leave with the child. If I leave without the child will I risk losing custody of the child. He is a police officer so he verbally threatens and says he will get custody of child. My sanity is at risk and need to get out. What do I do?
39. In North Carolina, can alimony end when the dependent spouse remarries?
40. After filing a separation agreement, assuming that you’ve met the 12-month rule of living separately, how long does it typically take to get a uncontested divorce. Is it immediate after filing the paperwork?
41. Collaborative Divorce Video
42. I was told that because of my financial situation, and my husband’s temper that I should consider going through a paralegal who works closely with lawyers if I were to need one. Can I use a paralegal if there is a child involved?
43. Shareasale Confirmation
44. In North Carolina is a spouse entitled to half of their Spouse’s pension?
45. My husband left me for another woman and now i want custody of our two young children. How and where do i start? He isnt helping me pay for the kids and took all of the money when he left.
46. Divorce Services
47. Divorce Consulting
48. Collaborative Divorce
49. Collaborative Divorce with Kids
50. Divorce Process Orientation
51. If I married and never consummated the marriage, can I get an annulment?
52. In everything that I read it talks about the spouse actually touching the other person… If deviate sexual acts also included non-physical things like talking about sex or sending pictures…
53. My wife and I are going to pursue separation and I have a reason to belived that she is having an affair, she had admitted that she have physical attraction towards her boss. How can I get joint custody of my five children.
54. I’ve been sperated for 4 yrs, and I want a divorce. How long will it take to get the divorce?
55. Can a mother relocate to another state (NY) before separation and divorce proceedings begin? I want to start these proceedings but do not have any family support here. My husband and I are both originally from NY.
56. I just found out my wife had an affair. Now she’s also online dating. Can I file divorce and ask her to leave?
57. My wife and I are legally separated and have signed a settlement agreement. Subsequently, during an attempt at reconciliation, my name was added to the deed of our home which we own outright. My wife intends to remain in the home as a primary residence. May I seek a financial claim of half the equity?
58. Thank You!
59. If I’ve been married for only two months and I have proof of my husband’s infidelity, can I get a divorce now?
60. I am seeking separation from my husband of 26 years. I have no money of my own and have depended on him entirely for support. I can’t work because I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue, and I can’t get on disability. How do I support myself during the separation and do I have to leave or does he have to leave.
61. Can I get a QDRO to divide up my husband’s pension (NY state and army) without getting a divorce? I do not want to lose my medical plan.
62. My husband and I have been separated for over a yr (NC law) and he still lives in IN and I now live here. I however have only lived here since July he had asked for divorce last yr and has yet to file can I file now or do I have to wait until I’ve lived in NC for 6 months? Thank you any information would be a great help.
63. I believe that my husband is having an affair online, what are my rights for me and my son?
64. I was married to a same sex partner in CT about 2.5 years ago. What are options for divorce now that I reside in NC (I resided in Michigan prior to NC so I don’t think either was the most accomodating)
65. My wife abandoned me in July of last year. We’ve been through the mediation process, and now after a year has passed is filing for absolute divorce. Is this something that I do not have to sign off on due to religious reasons?
66. Thank you!
67. Our Guarantee
68. Thank you – We will be contacting you soon!
69. Thank you for providing feedback to The Hart Law Firm!
70. What now?
71. Directions and Location
72. Legal Issues
73. Absolute Divorce – An Overview
74. §50-16.3A(b). Alimony Factors
75. § 50‑16.1A.(2) Definitions – Dependent Spouse
76. § 50‑16.1A.(5) Definitions – Supporting Spouse.
77. § 50‑16.1A.(3) Definitions – Marital Misconduct.
78. Alimony in North Carolina
79. Infusionsoft Webforms for follow-up sequences
80. Do you need a divorce lawyer for your family law case?
81. Legal Disclaimers and Terms
82. Divorce in NC – An overview of the basic process
83. N.C.G.S. § 50-6. Divorce after separation of one year on application of either party.
84. N.C.G.S. § 52-10.2. Resumption of marital relations defined.
85. Divorce in North Carolina – A primer
86. My spouse refuses to move out – what do I do?
87. Alimony and Taxes in North Carolina Divorce
88. Dr. Tina Lepage, Lepage Associates
89. Divorce Professionals
90. Dr. Monica E. Summers, Psy.D.
91. 6 Reasons you might need a Separation Agreement
92. North Carolina Divorce Terms
93. Marital Property in North Carolina
94. Separate Property in North Carolina
95. Divisible Property in North Carolina
96. Equitable Distribution in North Carolina
97. How much is my divorce going to cost – Legal Fees explained
98. Cary, North Carolina Divorce Resources and Tools
99. Questions to ask your divorce lawyer
100. What is abandonment? If I leave the house will it hurt me?
101. Business Valuation and Divorce: Things to look out for
102. Marriage Annulment in North Carolina
103. North Carolina Divorce Guide Explains the Secrets to getting Divorced in North Carolina
104. Chapter 52B. Uniform Premarital Agreement Act.
105. Prenuptial Agreements in North Carolina – Can I get out of mine?
106. How do you get alimony in North Carolina?
107. Child Custody Modification in North Carolina
108. Can North Carolina decide your child custody case? A primer on Jurisdiction under the UCCJEA.
109. Everything you need to know about Prenuptial Agreements in North Carolina
110. Permissions Policy
111. North Carolina Estate Planning for Young Families… What you need to know
112. Our Story
113. Estate Planning Blog
114. Cary Estate Planning Law Firm
115. Practice Areas
116. Estate Planning 101: The Basics of Estate Planning in North Carolina
117. Children’s Security Planning
118. Asset Protection for Professionals and Small Business Owners in Cary, North Carolina
119. Probate and Trust Administration in North Carolina
120. Email Whitelisting Instructions
121. Why is Estate Planning Important to You?
122. The Three P’s of Estate Planning
123. Live North Carolina Estate Planning Seminars
124. Estate Planning Videos
125. North Carolina Estate Planning Resources and Information
126. About Estate Planning & Elder Law Attorney James Hart
127. Estate Planning Services
128. Cary Wills and Trusts Lawyer
129. Trust Planning
130. Kids Emergency Action Plan (KEAP™ Your Kids Safe)
131. Trust Administration in North Carolina
132. What Makes Us Different
133. The Estate Planning Process
134. The Probate Process in North Carolina
135. Our Core Values
136. Thank You for Your Feedback!
137. Thank You for Your Feedback. We Will Remove You From the List!
138. Home Page
139. Home Page
140. Are You Draining Your Entire Life Savings to Pay for a Nursing Home?
141. Estate Planning and Elder Law Videos
142. You Might Not Want to Keep Your Appointment If…
143. Preparing for Your Initial Meeting with our Office
144. Have You Been Injured in a Car Accident?
145. North Carolina Personal Injury Blog
146. Do You Need a Raleigh Car Accident Lawyer?
147. Medical Payments (Med Pay) Coverage in North Carolina
148. Car Accidents in North Carolina
149. North Carolina Car Accident Lawyer
150. Property Damage Claims
151. Diminished Value Claims in North Carolina
152. The Ultimate North Carolina Auto Accident and Personal Injury Claim Guide
153. Do You Have a Valid Personal Injury Claim?
154. Negotiating an Insurance Claim vs. Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit
155. How Police Reports Can Impact Your Insurance Claim
156. The Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Actions in North Carolina
157. How Contributory Negligence Could Impact Your Personal Injury Claim in North Carolina
158. What You Need to Know about Liability and Personal Injury Law
159. Understanding the Law of Negligence in North Carolina
160. The Types of Compensation for Personal Injury Cases
161. The Difference Between Soft-Tissue Injuries and More Serious Injuries
162. Factors that can Diminish the Value of Your Personal Injury Claim
163. How to Calculate the Value of Your Pain and Suffering
164. Negotiating Your Best Settlement With The Insurance Company
165. 10 Negotiation Mistakes You Must Avoid
166. How to Calculate Lost Income for Your Personal Injury Claim
167. How to Write an Effective Demand Letter even If You Never Went to Law School
168. How to Reject a Settlement Offer and Respond With One of Your Own
169. How Many Counter-Offers Should You Make on Your Personal Injury Claim?
170. Accepting the Settlement Offer… Now What?
171. Everything You Need to Know about Medical Liens and Subrogation in North Carolina
172. Cary Personal Injury Attorneys
173. Cary Personal Injury Lawyer and Auto Accident Attorney
174. Raleigh Uber Accident Lawyer
175. Trucking Accident Lawyer in Cary, North Carolina
176. North Carolina Heart Attack Lawyer
177. Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Lawyer
178. What is Nursing Home Elder Abuse?
179. The Ultimate Guide to Alimony in NC
180. Legal Separation in NC – The Ultimate Guide
181. Are You Ready to Move Your Life Forward?
182. Separation Agreements in North Carolina
183. Recommended Marriage Counselors and Therapists
184. James Hart
185. New Homepage
186. Practice Areas
187. Cary Divorce Lawyer & Family Law Attorney | Triangle, NC Divorce Law Firm
188. Child Custody Lawyer in North Carolina
189. Divorce Mediation in North Carolina
190. Andrew Cobin
191. How To Prepare For Your 15 Minute Strategy Call
194. Thank You
195. Thank you for letting us know…
196. Thank you for Downloading “Next Steps”!
197. Family Law New Client Questionnaire
1. 10 Things You Should Never Do When Getting Divorced
2. 12 Signs you might be headed for Divorce
3. 13 Threats that Jeopardize Your Families’ Wealth
4. 2018 North Carolina Medicaid and Special Assistance Rates
5. 3 Common Mistakes People Make when Filing their own Divorce
6. 4 Behaviors that can lead to divorce
7. 5 Benefits of a Trust-Based Estate Plan
8. 5 Moments When You Need to Listen to Your Divorce Lawyer
9. 5 Must Have Documents for Your Estate Plan
10. 5 New Years Resolutions for anyone recently separated or divorced
11. 5 Raleigh Divorce Lawyers join Separating Together
12. 5 Reasons You Might Not Need a Living Will
13. 5 Reasons You Need to Hire a Divorce Lawyer
14. 5 things to do before you start the process of getting a divorce
15. 5 Things You Must Do After a North Carolina Car Accident
16. 5 Things You Must Do if You or a Loved One Has Been Diagnosed With Alzheimer’s Disease
17. 6 Things to Know before you Submit an Application for Medicaid in North Carolina
18. 9 Reasons You Should Update Your Estate Plan
19. A Day of Remembrance
20. A Great Explaination of the Collaborative Divorce Process
21. A Great Way to Save Money on your Legal Bill and keep your Divorce Lawyer happy
22. A Sincere Apology… I’ve been lazy
23. A Survival Guide for Separation Agreements in North Carolina
24. A True Gift for Your Family… The Legacy Conversation
25. A word about customer service…
26. Absolute Divorce Only?
27. Accidental Disinheritance: Why it is So Important to Update Your Estate Plan Every Year
28. Additional Collaborative Divorce Lawyers I recommend
29. Al Gore and Tipper to Separate after 40 years
30. Alimony and Taxes in North Carolina
31. Alimony Guidelines in Colorado – Could North Carolina be next?
32. Alison Sanderson, LPC
33. Amnesty for Child Support?
34. Another Family Law Attorney I like
35. Another reason why hiring a Cary Divorce Lawyer is a good idea
36. Are You Interested in a DIY Divorce in North Carolina?
37. Are you scared to call a law firm?
38. Are you thinking about moving out of state with your children?
39. Avoid these 5 big mistakes that people make when going to family court
40. Avoiding Probate in NC… 4 Ways to Keep Your Assets Out of the Courts (Without Using a Trust)
41. Bankruptcy and Divorce – Thoughts to Consider
42. Bankruptcy and Divorce… When to file?
43. Be careful when and how you tell your spouse that you are leaving them
44. Be Thankful for Today – You Only Get it Once
45. But I don’t want to be a Daddy…
46. Can I complete an absolute divorce if my spouse won’t cooperate?
47. Can I modify my child support?
48. Can I purchase a new home while going through a divorce?
49. Can I stop paying child support?
50. Can Virtual Visitation replace actual visitation?
51. Can You Disinherit Your Spouse?
52. Can Your Marriage Be Saved?
53. Cary Estate Planning Attorney James Hart is Available for Speaking Engagements in the Community
54. Chicago Divorce Lawyer Charged
55. Child Custody in Cary
56. Choosing a Guardian for Your Children… What You Need to Know
57. Collaborative Divorce – Is it right for you?
58. Collaborative Divorce is catching on…
59. Collaborative Divorce is great for the kids
60. Common QDRO Questions and Answers
61. Consumer Bankruptcy Guide
62. Create an Estate Plan in North Carolina in 14 Simple Steps
63. Divorce and Child Custody in Cary
64. Divorce and kids around the holidays… Ugh…
65. Divorce and Parenting in Raleigh
66. Divorce and the family business in North Carolina
67. Divorce can be a time to reinvent yourself
68. Divorce during the Holidays – What to do?
69. Divorce in North Carolina – When you can and when you can’t…
70. Divorce Insurance… Really?
71. Divorce Mediation in Cary
72. Do I need a Consent Judgment?
73. Do I need to have a custody evaluation?
74. Do it Yourself Divorce – Is it for you?
75. Do you know what your divorce lawyer is charging you?
76. Do you need a custody evaluation?
77. Do You Need a Divorce Coach?
78. Do You Need a Probate Attorney in North Carolina?
79. Do You Need an Estate Plan?
80. Do You Need Asset Protection Planning?
81. Do You Need to Update Your North Carolina Power of Attorney?
82. Do You Really Need a Lawyer to Draft a Will… The Truth Behind DIY Wills
83. Do you Skype?
84. Does Alimony hurt your ability to qualify for a mortgage?
85. Does your divorce lawyer offer you a client portal?
86. Don’t Ever Take Your Life for Granted
87. Don’t Forget to Include Your Pet in Your Estate Plan
88. Don’t Make This Huge Mistake Before Finalizing Your North Carolina Divorce
89. Don’t Want to Marry? You Still Need an Estate Plan
90. Donald Trump and the Fiduciary Duty Rule… What You Need to Know
91. Dr. Adam Mathews, Ph.D.
92. Dr. Amelia Kelley, PhD, MS, LPC
93. Dr. Stan Hall, PhD., LMFT
94. Dr.Mike Garrett, PhD, LPC
95. Easy tools to make post divorce transfers easier for the kids
96. Erin Ballard, LMFT
97. Estate Planning and Your North Carolina Divorce… What You Need to Know
98. Estate Planning Basics: Coordinating Beneficiary Designations
99. Estate Planning for the Sandwich Generation… What You Need to Know
100. Estate Taxes in North Carolina – Should You Worry?