You’ve ordered your copy of Next Steps, and you’ve just signed up for (or you are thinking about signing up for) your free 15-minute strategy call.
So what’s next?
First things first. Take a deep breath and try to relax.
Whether you have been thinking about a divorce for months (or years), or you have just now realized that you need to think about how to end your marriage, understand that you are not alone.
And honestly, it seems like a huge deal right now (because it is), but understand that in a few short years you will have a new life and be happier for it.
The physical act of separating from your spouse may cause you a lot of fear and anxiety – which is completely normal – but your primary goal right now should be to simply gather information and lay out a strategy that will help you moving forward. And that’s how we are going to help you on this call.
But you may be wondering what, if anything, do you need to do to prepare for this call?
All that we ask is that you bring an open mind and any questions you may have about the process. Or perhaps you don’t have any questions because you aren’t sure what to ask – that’s ok too.
Because here is the deal. We’ve handled hundreds of divorces in North Carolina (and Florida). We know the process like the back of our hand. We know what strategies work and what don’t. And we can help you to develop a strategy that will get you through this process as quickly and affordably as possible.
Ok. Here’s a quick agenda of what we are going to cover.
A Sample Get to Know You Call Agenda
No two calls are the same, but here is a rough overview of what to expect:
- Introductions. You introduce yourself and what you are going through. We listen.
- Where you are in the process. What’s happening in your life right now. Are you just gathering information? Have you decided to separate and are ready to draft documents? Maybe you have already separated and made some mistakes that need fixing? Maybe you just have a few questions?
- Your legal options. After listening to your story and where you are at currently, we will give you our initial thoughts about what you should do next. That might mean signing up for one of our DIY programs, scheduling a full assessment with a lawyer, reading our book, meeting with a therapist or just continuing to gather information.
- Your questions. This is your opportunity to ask us questions about the divorce process in North Carolina. We’ve been doing this for a long time, so we’ve got lots of answers to share. But one quick caveat – we can’t give you legal advice. Bar rules prohibit us from giving legal advice to any non-clients.
- Next steps. At the conclusion of the call we will give you a list of action items for you to work on. Then we’ll follow-up by sending you an email with links to all the resources, tools and information we shared.
Preparing for the Call
You don’t need to do a whole lot except show up. We offer this call for free because we want to make sure you don’t make any big mistakes at the beginning that could hurt your case. (We see that a LOT). This call will help you get some initial information and let you feel somewhat in control of an otherwise scary process. You can share your personal story with an experienced divorce professional.
Why This Call is So Important
This is our chance to start to get to know you make sure you start this process off on the right foot. We will show you exactly how our DIY Online Divorce program (or our law firm) can help in your specific situation. The Hart Law Firm is different from most other family law firms in Wake County, and we want you to know exactly who and what you’re getting if you decide to schedule an assessment with us or retain our help – or what you’ll need to know if you decide to self-represent yourself.
Have You Booked your FREE 15-minute strategy call?