My ex-Husband and I have a custody and child support agreement in place, but he has decided to unilaterally decrease his child support payments, and at the same time has served me with a complaint to modify child support. What are my options?

Rating: +0

Positive Negative

First, it is important that you respond to his complaint within 30 days of being served or you risk a default judgment being entered against you. With regards to your ex's unilateral decision to decrease support, if the child support agreement was reduced to a consent order, then he could be held in contempt of court, depending on whether he still has the ability to pay under the original support order.