I am seeking separation from my husband of 26 years. I have no money of my own and have depended on him entirely for support. I can’t work because I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue, and I can’t get on disability. How do I support myself during the separation and do I have to leave or does he have to leave.

Rating: +0

Positive Negative

You can ask for what is commonly referred to as Post Separation Support, or PSS. You can also request that your husband maintain you on his health insurance until the divorce is final. I recommend negotiating a separation agreement of some sort prior to leaving the marital residence. You may need to contact an attorney to assist you with this.